Friday, September 18, 2009

Nier, the differance an art style makes.

It's funny how much an art style can make people do a 180 on a game. Read more to find out.

Nier: Gestalt- "I don't know about this game. It look generic and SE is pandering to the western audience."

Nier: Replicant- "OMG! This game is awesome! I love the art! SE is an amazing company, I can't wait for this game!

As you can see, Nier: Replicant is seen as the superior game. Why? Because it has a Japanese art style, even though it just as generic as Gestalt.

Weeb: Hold on a sec! Did you just call Replicant generic?!
Me: Yeah.
Weeb: It's better than Gestalts shitty western style....
Me: uh huh. Let me guess, because it's Anime right?
Weeb: Well yeah, Gestalt has a generic western art style.
Me: And Replicant has a generic as fuck Anime style. What's your point?
Weeb: Generic?!
Me: Yes generic. The character designs in Replicant are run of the mill anime you see everyday.
Weeb: Your racist, you hate Japan.
Me: lol what? Hate Japan? What are you talking about?
Weeb: You hate anime, so therefore you hate Japan....
Me: :Cosmic fucking face palm: Who said I hated Anime?
Weeb: Well you said that Replicant has a generic art style...
Me: Because it does. I like Anime and what not, but that doesn't mean I can't be critical of it.
Weeb: Well, I guess I see your point.
Me: And for the record, Gestalt looks generic as well.

Weeaboo's....Weeaboo's never change.

No comments:

Post a Comment